Portraits in Watercolor
By the end of this course students will:
- Understand how to make a realistic portrait using multilayered watercolor technique
- Improve their skills in drawing
- Learn how to compose their portraits according to different poses of the model
- Learn how to make correct color relationships
We will make three necessary projects which will make students understand the subject:
- A portrait grisaille with light background to understand the rules and features of multilayered watercolor technique
- A portrait in color with neutral (grey) background to learn how to pick the right colors for different types of the light and colors of the skin
- A portrait in color with colorful background (blue or red or green) to learn how to paint a portrait with different reflexes
Students who will success with these tasks faster then the others will also make a portrait with hands.
All these tasks are made to represent the system of multilayered watercolor technique and show the possibilities of realistic watercolor portraiture.
- Pencils H, HB, B- 9B
- Pencil Sharpener
- Eraser for graphite
- Sketchbook A4
- Watercolor paper 300 gr/m^2 100 % cotton, grain fin, 56*76 cm. Brand: Fabriano (or Arches or Waterford)
- Round brushes for watercolor. Good quality synthetics or kolinsky sable, numbers 3,5,6,10,15.
Watercolors in pans. Brands: Schmincke, Winsor & Newton, White Nights. Standard 12 or 24 color box
- Paper tape
Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
There is no reimbursement for absences, nor make-up lessons.
Registration is managed through our Course Registration portal. If you have any difficulties registering, please let us know via email or call/text via WhatsApp: +39 347 263 1033.
If the course that interests you does not appear on our Course Registration portal, it may not currently be offered. Check the schedule of courses to confirm the dates.
If this course isn't on the schedule, but it interests you, let us know!
Meet Your Instructor:
Vera Spasibkina is a professional artist who has been painting for over than 12 years. She started her artistic career in 2010 as a student of Sergey Andriyaka watercolor school. 2016- 2022 she studied in Academy of watercolor and Fine Arts in Moscow.
Vera’s artistic language is a collision of fine watercolor paintings of old masters and problems and psychology of the 21st century. Trauma becomes a point of growth, a new round of spiritual development of the depicted characters. In her works she builds on the canons of miniature portraits of the 19th century, elevating them to a new level of psycho-emotional experiences. The author uses collective images, immersing them in an atmosphere of intimate experiences and personal tragedies, forming a portrait of a contemporary whose sensuality and emotional state become their main characteristic
In 2015 she represented Russian Federation on international art festival in Tokyo, Japan, as a young artist. In 2022 she was nominated on a golden medal of Russian Imperial Academy of Arts for the best diploma, which included painting, series of ceramics and illustrations.