Botanical Watercolor: basic techniques
- Develop drawing capabilities by observing from life in order to delineate the proper organic forms and develop them with light and shadow.
- Develop a chromatic sensibility relative to the natural colors.
- Learn how to compose your painting and apply the watercolor paint.
- Develop an artistic sensibility toward an interpretations of plants and flowers.
- For Drawing:
- Fabriano paper F4, g/m 200, cm 24 x 33 and sheets of white extra strong paper.
- Pencils H, HB, B, F
- Pencil Sharpener
- Eraser for graphite
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler, 20 cm long
- Magnifying glass
Watercolor tablet with four corners glued, satin surface, acid free, at least 300 gr/mq, medium size. Brand: Fabriano
Traditional white paper for water color
Extra strong white paper and tissues
Round brushes for watercolor. Good quality synthetics are acceptable, like those made by Da Vinci, Cosmotop-Nova, number 5, 3, 1, 0, 000.
Watercolors in pans. Acceptable brands: Schmincke, Winsor & Newton, Sennelier.
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Carmine Red
- Cadmium Red
- Prussian Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
You can also add:
- Naples Yellow
- Burnt Umber
- Sap Green
- Oxide of Chromium
Ceramic white palettes and glasses of water for painting will be made available.
Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
There is no reimbursement for absences, nor make-up lessons.
Registration is managed through our Course Registration portal. If you have any difficulties registering, please let us know via email or call/text via WhatsApp: +39 347 263 1033.
If the course that interests you does not appear on our Course Registration portal, it may not currently be offered. Check the schedule of courses to confirm the dates.
If this course isn't on the schedule, but it interests you, let us know!
The first image below is Aurora’s study for her painting of the Cynara scolymus; the second is her final painting.
Meet Your Instructor:
Aurora Tazza is a watercolor painter living and working in Rome since…