Painting the Classical Figure 2011
Course Availability Update
Dec. 19, 2010: This course is now full.
“Painting the Classical Figure” offers the intermediate and advanced painters the opportunity to tackle one of the principle challenges for a figurative painter: painting a full-standing nude. In addition to composition, proportion and flesh tones, we will consider the role of the figure as allegory and look at examples through the ages.
- Level: Intermediate and Advanced
- Medium: Oil on Canvas
- Total Number of Hours: 30
- Total Number of Lessons: 10 lessons of 2 hours
- Dates: From February 5th to April 9th, 2011
- Day and Time: Every Saturday from 16:00 to 19:00.
- Total Number of Students: max 4
- Languages: English and Italian
- Location: Via Cardinale Merry del Val, 18 at the La Bottega dell’Artista (Trastevere)
- Cost: €450 + materials*.
The list of materials will be published by mid-January, 2011.
A model will be present the duration of the course. The model fee is included in the cost.
Before taking this course, here’s what you need to know:
- 1. 40% of the cost guarantees your place, the remaining 60% is to be paid the week before the start of the course. The cost is non-refundable. If you should not be able to continue the course after starting, the best solution is to find someone to take your place.
- 2. There are no “make up classes.” If you miss a lesson, you miss a lesson.
To sign up or to ask further information, please fill out the form below or call either of the following numbers: 347.2631033 or 340.5600356.
Other courses that may be of interest for Spring 2011:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!